An avenue lined by chestnut trees leads uphill to Aigen Palace and Church, consecrated as a parish church in 1851. The Gothic building was adapted in the baroque style from 1689 to 1691, including the church´s interior. A baroque bulbous spire was added and the high altar gilded and repainted in 1717. A popular excursion destination, Aigen Palace and Church have always been a preferred wedding venue.
The interior of the Aigen Church was repeatedly redecorated since the beginning of the 19th century. The church was enlarged in 1910, adding an annex of the same height and with to the baroque nave. During renovations in 1969 a friendly, airy atmosphere was created with a high level of sensitivity and an appreciation of art. The hall itself has maintained its baroque character.
A series of magnificent tombstones dating back to the early 15th century are found outside the church. A number of famous names are encountered on a tour of the cemetery, the final resting place for Johann Ernst Ritter von Antretter, Hugo Graf Lambert and Alexander Julius Schindler.