Recreation before the gates of the festival city of Salzburg
The Allerberger country inn is a house of long-standing tradition. It was built in 1724 by Mathias Hagenauer who was court cook to the archbishop. The inn has been in the possession of the Allerberger family since 1804. The right to sell beer exists since the 13th century.
Those sitting comfortably in the large parlour of the Allerberger country inn in Siezenheim are certainly not always aware of the venerable walls around them. The inn was built as a guesthouse from a conglomerate of rubble that resulted from the penetration of the Mönchsberg to make the Neutor (portal to the old city of Salzburg) in the years from 1764 to 1767.
The builder-owner was Wolfgang Hagenauer, the master builder from Salzburg – Mozart even dedicated a symphony to his family. It was originally a hunting lodge in which Mathias Hagenauer, the master-builder’s brother and cook to the royal archbishop, ran the first inn.
The landlord today, Franz Allerberger, is proud of the history of his house, which should actually no longer exist in this form: under Allerberger’s father, numerous building experts proposed the demolition of the building that was then in need of renovation. And it is the perseverance of the landlord of that time to thank that the historical ambiance has been maintained.