A jewel of Baroque architecture.
It all started with a wayside shrine, erected by Georg Paris Ziurletti, then Dean of the monastery of Laufen, in 1663. The cross-shaped column, originally wooden and later replaced by masonry, showed a picture of Mary, Help of Christians.
Nowadays, visitors may admire a jewel of Baroque architecture. The splendid high altar with the “miraculous image” of Mary was created by Antonio Beduzzi.